Sinus infections can cause miserable for millions of Americans.
It isn’t easy to get through the day when you are unwell, are suffering from congestion, or suffer from headaches. Although over-the-counter remedies can offer some relief, their side effects can be dangerous and uncomfortable.
Essential oils are a safe method to treat sinus infections and get relief from your symptoms. We will discuss essential oils which can be used to treat sinus problems and provide you with recipes to make blends that will aid in relieving the symptoms.
How Essential Oils Can Help with Sinus Infections
Essential oils can be used to reduce congestion and fight infections, both of which are essential to obtaining relief from sinus infections. The following essential oils are specifically beneficial to sinus infections:
Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oil is a powerful essential oil that has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is a great oil to relieve congestion and fight infections in the nasal passages.
Peppermint oil Another oil that has antimicrobial as well as antiseptic properties is peppermint oil. It is a great way to eliminate mucous and bacteria, which can lead to sinus infections.
Lemon oil: Lemon oil is a refreshing essential oil that can help to clear away congestion and fight infection. It also functions as a natural detoxifier, which helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
Tea tree oil Tea tree oil an effective antimicrobial essential oil which can assist in clearing of fungus and bacteria that may cause sinus infections.
Advantage Of Using Essential Oils to treat Sinus Infection:
- They are all natural and have no harmful adverse consequences.
- These are easy to use, and are able to be added to diffusers or inhaled directly.
- They’re quick to fight infection and help clear congestion.
- They are also a great way to improve overall health and cleanse your body.
How to use essential oils for Sinus Infection
- If you are experiencing headaches, congestion or a fever, essential oils can help to provide relief.
- If you have been diagnosed with a sinus infection essential oils can be utilized alongside traditional treatment to speed healing.
- If you’re suffering from chronic sinus infections, using essential oils regularly can help prevent these from happening.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when using essential oils for sinus problems:
It is essential to speak with your physician prior to using essential oils if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have an illness.
- Some essential oils should not be used on children who are under two years old.
- essential oils for sinus infection (terrysnaturals.com/)
- Before applying essential oils to the skin, always dilute them before using them.
- Do not ingest essential oils without consulting with a medical expert.
How to Make Use of Essential Oils Sinus Infection
You can use essential oils to treat sinus problems in various ways.
- The aromas can be inhaled directly from the bottle or from a diffuser.
- Inhale the steaming water’s vapors by adding some drops of essential oils in the bowl.
- Combine a couple of drops of essential oil with the carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil and apply it on your forehead and temples.
- A couple of drops of essential oil could be added to a hot tub.
- Drink detox tea with ginger, lemon as well as honey (recipe below).
Detox Tea Recipe:
- Fresh ginger root, peeled and cut thin
- Lemon slices, fresh or frozen
- Honey, raw honey is the best
Place all the ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for around 20 minutes. Drink while it is warm. Take a cup of cleanse tea each day if you fight an infection in your sinuses.
We’d like to finish by declaring that there are a variety of methods to fight an infection in the sinuses. These strategies can help you feel better and eliminate your symptoms.